Horace L. Carter
Horace began his real estate career in 1998 after completing military service with the U.
S. Navy as an Independent Duty Corpsman NEC 8425. Horace currently holds State of
Georgia licensure as a real estate broker and certified real property appraiser with
commercial, government, and residential experience in each discipline. Career
highlights include delegation as a contracting officer, delegation as a contracting
officer’s technical representative (COTR) “for GSA task orders contracted to CB
Richard Ellis, Jones Lang LaSalle, Studley Incorporated, UGL Equis Corporation, and
provided appraiser expert witness testimony on behalf of the City of Albany Georgia in
condemnation litigation involving a hotel.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Instrumental in facilitating Public-Private Partnerships at the local, state, and
federal levels of government.
- Effectively uses cutting-edge technology to increase productivity, efficiency, and
revenue for clients.
- Provided direction and supervision that resulted in more than $300,000,000 of
real estate closings.
- Portfolio Manager of Chase Bank real property distressed assets in excess of
- Successfully managed more than 100,000,000 square feet of leased space on
behalf of GSA.
- Co-Authored the FBI’s Real Estate Leasing Policy Manual, and the Categorical
Exclusions (CATEX) under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Developed a Leasing Desk Guide that assisted commercial brokers in the
acquisition of real property on behalf of GSA under the National Broker Contract.
- Current and former clients include GSA, VA, Homeland Security, Army, Navy, Air
Force, EPA, FBI, HUD, DOD, USDA, IRS, SSA, DEA, Marshals, and Secret
- Bachelor of Science Degree- Liberal Arts- Excelsior College, Albany, NY
- Associate of Arts (Science) – Radiologic Technology, The George Washington
University, Washington, D. C.
- Defense Acquisition University
- Management Concepts Institute
- CCIM Institute
- Appraisal Institute